This is the place where we are have documented the road we have walked in order to adopt our four children from Brazil and the road we are now on as a family. We are keenly aware that adopting is not just a process we've chosen to go through, but part of God's plan for us and for our children. May He be glorified through the process and through our family!

Monday, December 08, 2008

Feels like a Miracle

Well, it feels like I've been on the phone all day long, but I think our USCIS crisis is averted.  The agency sent us a description of the Brazil-specific requirements and the social worker sent us an addendum answering all the "deficiencies" USCIS pointed out. 

I even got an email from USCIS:

if all areas are covered in the addendum [and we think they are] this would make the case Hague compliant according to the regulations and would be approvable.

What I think that means is that we're all set, and they should approve us very soon!  This feels monumental, but I've decided that nothing else in this process will be monumental until we get on an airplane to Brazil.  I can't let my heart get all tangled up in disappointments about paperwork.  It's a distraction.  We’ll celebrate our milestones, but no more counting down days to something that isn’t meeting our kids.  Too much heartbreak.

 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

OH Kim.. how wonderful.. what a great ending to a very stressful few days.. I'm praying for your case worker and her newbie trainees..