This is the place where we are have documented the road we have walked in order to adopt our four children from Brazil and the road we are now on as a family. We are keenly aware that adopting is not just a process we've chosen to go through, but part of God's plan for us and for our children. May He be glorified through the process and through our family!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Click and Refresh

I spoke this morning with Tia, the adjudication officer assigned to our case at USCIS.  She has received the Homestudy Addendum and is reviewing it right now.  She has said that she will be finished approving our case before the end of the day! (she actually said "in an hour" 11:30.)  She even suggested scanning the approval notice and emailing it to me as soon as she's done.  (Can I get an "AMEN"?)
 
Turns out someone in my school is a notary, and the Secretary of the State's in Hartford office has agreed to take me as a walk-in since I only have one document to apostille.  The Consulate General of Brazil in New York extended their document drop-off hours, giving me enough time to get there tomorrow right after I'm done in Hartford. 
 
Praise God for showing us how Good He is! 
 
(I'm trying not to hold my breath, or count my chickens, or get myself too hyped up.  You know, just in case.  Problem is:  I'm ALL HYPED UP!)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds like you might be able to get a LOT of this stuff done in the next couple days! That is just amazing...