This is the place where we are have documented the road we have walked in order to adopt our four children from Brazil and the road we are now on as a family. We are keenly aware that adopting is not just a process we've chosen to go through, but part of God's plan for us and for our children. May He be glorified through the process and through our family!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Putting the Pieces Together

I've talked with Gram, and we're all set to spend Tuesday together.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to plan a design for the quilt so that I can spend the rest of my vacation week putting the pieces together.  (For contributors who have filed for extensions, this is good news.  I'll still be sewing all week.  That may give you another day or two to bring us your squares!)

As excited as I am to start working on the quilt in earnest, I'm more excited to spend some good quality time with my Gram.  I'm pretty sure we've never had a whole day together, just the two of us... ever.  She is an amazing lady, full of wisdom and stories of her life and her travels.  She just turned 90 and is full of zeal for life.  


The two of us at Gram's 90th birthday party


No comments: