This is the place where we are have documented the road we have walked in order to adopt our four children from Brazil and the road we are now on as a family. We are keenly aware that adopting is not just a process we've chosen to go through, but part of God's plan for us and for our children. May He be glorified through the process and through our family!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

24 hours later

24 hours ago I was struggling to keep hope alive.  And now I have pure adrenaline running through my veins and I can't believe that it's actually happening.  In a little over a week, I'll lay eyes on my children.  And hug them all.  And tell them...  I have no idea what I'm going to say to them.  What do you say?  Is there a Hallmark card for this occasion?  

TO MY FOUR BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN...
WE'VE THOUGHT ABOUT YOU FOR MANY YEARS.
IT'S SO GOOD TO FINALLY MEET YOU.

I only have a week to think of something far less cheesy.  

It's hard to imagine how it will feel to meet our children after all this time.  It's hard to know exactly what we'll be like as a family or what we should do during our first day as parents.  For the moment, my plan is just to soak it up, love them as much as I possibly can, and hug them a lot.  

This journal has documented the whole journey toward our children and it will continue to document the events of the next couple months.  We are glad that the friends and family that read this are praying for all of us and supporting us through it all.  Everyone tells me that I'll be too busy being a mom to journal here, but I think we live moments more fully when we write them and when we know we are going to write them.  I think we see more beauty in each day when we commemorate it by photographing it.  I think it will be beautiful to see how we all grow and change and how God knits our family together.  

Stay tuned, the best is yet to come! 

6 comments:

The Princess said...

You won't have to say a thing. Your face will say it all.

O que os nossos labios falar os nossos coracoes dirao. (What our lips cannot speak our hearts will say.)

Amor,
Vovo

Julia said...

I feel so exciting and happy reading this, Kim! How amazing that you actually know when you will go, when you will meet them...

Nikki said...

WOW- a huuuugee congratulations!!!

Kiki said...

Yay! So excited for you guys! Wow. Man, you must be floating. Love you guys and so excited for you!

Sherry Austin said...

Lawsy! I don't know if I can stand much more of this, y'all! I'm about to swoon and buckle! Catch me when I fall,y'all!

Sherry Austin said...

Vovo???