I spoke to Lino last evening. Luciana still has not returned to work after her trip to Brazil.
Lino informed me that the substitute judge does not want to make a decision in the case preferring to wait until the acting judge returns. According to CEJA, these children will either be placed with your family as a unit or broken up and adopted separately. That is the choice the judge has to make, and CEJA always had a strong belief that the children should be kept together and placed in one family if at all possible. Because of CEJA's strong support for your family and because the precedent is that the sibling groups are always placed together if possible, we still believe that reason will prevail, but it will be another couple of weeks before a final decision is made. I wish I had better news today for you because I am sure you do not want to be in this agonizing state of limbo any longer, but I believe that we are doing all we can to get this adoption approved.
Luciana will be able to review and confirm this information by tomorrow, I suppose.
Limiar USA Inc.