This is the place where we are have documented the road we have walked in order to adopt our four children from Brazil and the road we are now on as a family. We are keenly aware that adopting is not just a process we've chosen to go through, but part of God's plan for us and for our children. May He be glorified through the process and through our family!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Peace

We needed to get away.  I think we'd been focusing so much on the agony of waiting to hear if the court will grant our petition to adopt the 2 boys that we were stressing ourselves out.  So, we went to spend the weekend with our parents in PA.  Instead of checking my email 87 times a day, I only checked it about half a dozen times all weekend.  And I've felt great peace.  Of course, the court wouldn't have done anything over the weekend anyway, but I think the prayers of so many friends and family members are filling my heart with a calmness that I haven't felt in a few weeks.  

Saturday morning I went to a women's missions breakfast with my mom.  She gave her testimony to the group and we listened to a guest speaker who is involved in prison ministry in Pennsylvania.  Miss Ann is her name and she sat next to me for breakfast before she spoke.  

It seems my parents have their whole church praying for us and our children and our petition, so everyone knew who I was and they all asked for updates.  When Miss Ann got up to begin her talk, she said, "Before I get started, please let me pray for Kim and her husband and the two boys in Brazil that they are hoping to adopt."  She prayed that God would "show off" his power by working mightily to bring these two home to us quickly.  After her talk, she found me and said she wanted to tell me one more thing.  She told me about a volunteer at her ministry who has two daughters and is pregnant with a third child.  This woman and her husband strongly desired to have a boy, so Miss Ann sopped them right there and prayed that God would give them a boy.  She said to me, "And guess what... they're having a boy!"  

She's a passionate woman who has full confidence in her Lord and in the power of His Word and effectiveness of prayer.  She reminded me of how big and how active our God is.  

So, we're still praying, but at least for the moment, we are also resting in God's peace.  

Also, while we were away, we worked on binding the quilts, and so... one is DONE and one is just a couple hours from being done.  Thanks Mom!

No comments: