This is the place where we are have documented the road we have walked in order to adopt our four children from Brazil and the road we are now on as a family. We are keenly aware that adopting is not just a process we've chosen to go through, but part of God's plan for us and for our children. May He be glorified through the process and through our family!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pregnancy


Can I talk about pregnancy for a while on my adoption blog?  Of course, I can!  Here is a true fact:  all of my friends are pregnant.  OK, it was an exaggeration, not a true fact, but it seems that my circle of friends is about to have a serious baby boom!  I counted today:  Kristy, Julia, Kusum, Colleen, Christina, Elizabeth, Pam, Jenette and Sara are all pregnant.  That's 9.  Am I missing someone?  I feel like there's someone else.  Hmmm.  (As of 9/23, the count is up to 10!)  (As of 11/1 we're up to a dozen!) (As of 12/1, we're at a dozen still, but 2 have already had their babies!)

I couldn't be more thrilled for all of them!  Jen told me the news today and I ran straight over there to jump up and down and hug her.  She gave me eggplant parmesan that she made a big batch of and then discovered it made her feel nauseous and she couldn't stand the sight of it in her house.  Yum!  Best eggplant parm I've ever had!  Elizabeth and Christina are both sick all the time, but you can see the joy in their eyes.  Colleen just got done being sick all the time and you can REALLY see the joy in her eyes.  Kristy and Julia have moved far away, and so I keep track of them and their growing families here in blogland.  Kusum has travelled across the globe while eating like a machine.  Pam and Sarah are new friends at Trinity.  

We're expecting too, you know.  It's just that we don't have a due date.  And James won't let me park in the Expectant Mothers' parking spot at CVS.  

Lately I've been feeling very expectant.  Any day?  Probably not, but sometime soon.  


2 comments:

Julia said...

I've wondered what it felt like to prepare for motherhood when you're growing your family through adoption... It's always great to hear your perspectives.

Colleen said...

Aw, such a sweet post. I think you can count yourself as pregnant too. Can't you? After all, the second definition of "pregnant" is "weighty or significant; full of meaning." And if that doesn't describe preparing for 2 adoptions at once, I don't know what does!